Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

12x12 Color block Layout

We made this for our July club meeting. I just love all of these colors together. I got the idea from page 159 of the new catalog. I wanted a two page layout though so I modified the design just a bit. The base of the pages is Chocolate Chip. It sets the colors off so nicely. I basically just cut my strips of paper as wide as I wanted them and then started cutting them to various lengths until I had a layout that I was happy with, making sure that I staggered the colors across the two pages so that it drew your eye across and balanced out. Notice that there are little patches of the Chocolate Chip peeking out between some of the colors. Most of the papers were run through the Big Shot with either embossing folders or texture plates. I used the Punched Posies level 1 hostess set from the Summer mini for the embellishments. That is such an awesome set. Almost every stamp goes with one of the SU! punches, how wonderful is that?! I also used the new Broadsheet Alphabet set for the title. This is going to be great for titling my scrapbook pages. I love how the pages turned out. Of course it doesn't hurt to have such a cute little subject, does it?

Supplies: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink and Wild Wasabi cardstock;
Accessories: Butterfly, Five Petal, Fancy Flower, and Scallop Border punches; various texture plates and embossing folders; Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Pumpkin Pie inks
Stamp Sets: Punched Posies and Broadsheet Alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!