Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Halloween Treat Tube

This is a cute little treat tube that I found the pattern on Paper Punch Addiction. I did this for a swap with my fellow demos. I love the way it turned out. I was going to enter it in a challenge that Kim had on her blog but didn't get this post up soon enough. Oh, well, maybe next time. This photo isn't the best but I'll try to get another one posted soon so that you can see the detail better. It almost looks like I have a black lite on doesn't it?

I started out by running the black cardstock through the Big Shot with the new Halloween Spider Web embossing folder. Then I took White Craft Ink and a sponge and highlighted the raised lines of the web. Next came the Shimmer Mist spray made from the Shimmer Paint. I love that stuff. A little goes a long way. The top and bottom were made with Pumpkin Pie paper. My wonderful upline and friend, Suzanne, cut me the Rich Razzleberry zig zags out of the new Tasteful Trim die that will be available in the Holiday mini. I was going to use the ric-rack trim but it was much too big for this little box. I just love this die by the way. The trim is long enough to make a border for a 12x12 scrapbook page. Isn't that awesome!?!? I have so many ideas for even the scraps from cutting this die.

Anyway, back to the box. The spider is from Rich Razzleberry too. I was going to make it black but thought it didn't stand out enough from the box that way. The spider is attached to the box with some black string (retired SU! that I don't know the name of) by poking a hole in the lid, putting the string through and using a small black brad to hold it in. The string is attached to the spider by sandwiching it between two pieces of paper.

The spider is made with:
2 1 3/8 circle punches (one for the front, the other is used on the back to sandwich the string)
1 1 1/4 circle punch
2 photo corner punches (cut each on in half following the shape)
Eyes are made with hole punch covered in Crystal Effects.

I will admit though that it took a little time because of all of the steps I did but it wasn't difficult. Hope you all enjoy and check out Kim Score's blog for all of the details on how to create the box.

Edited: Added another pic so that you can hopefully see the detail a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!