Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

mmm...cake

I love to scrapbook but don't do it often enough. Yesterday afternoon I started on this page for my granddaughter, Addyson's, first birthday. Finished it off a little while ago. Taking a break from my morning of cleaning. As you can see once she got started on the cake she really got into it! I love the bold brights together, makes everything pop. Everything used here is SU! with the exception of how I cut the letters. I used my daughter's CRICUT machine for that. I just love that machine! It is hard to see in the photo but on the green I used one of my new texture plates with the Big Shot. Been dying to use those. Didn't come out as raised as I hoped but I found a tip somewhere this morning that I'm going to try next time. The tip was to mist the paper with alcohol before running the paper through the Big Shot and it leaves better impressions. I'll let you know how well it works once I give that tip a try.

I got my inspiration from a terrific site that I found while surfing from one site to another. It is called Got Sketch? Wonderful sketches to get you started.

Supplies: Petal Party Simply Scrappin, whisper white cardstock
Accessories:Circle scallop punch, 1/2" circle punch, paper piercer (all for the flowers), Top Note die, the letters and number -CRICUT - can't remember the cartridge, I'll edit the post after I look at it again.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute layout and there is absolutely nothing cuter than that first birthday and their cake DIVE!! So sweet!!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page and the colors work well together. Thanks for the Big Shot tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these colors!!! I don't often use the bold brights so I need ideas to step out of my box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Layouts...those colors just makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Great use of the bright colors. It makes it so fun and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This must have been the weekend for scrapbooking,your pages are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute layout! I need to scrapbook more too! There just aren't enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!