Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Backpack...had to try it...


When I saw that cute little backpack on Splitcoast the first time I just knew I was going to have to try it. My daughter asked me the other day if I could come up with something for my granddaughter's teacher as a thank you for the end of the year. Well, here it is...a backpack filled with 5 little Thank You notes and envelopes. I even made the envelopes (with a little help from the Cricut)! What do you think? I'm not usually one for red but I just love how this turned out. I'm so happy with it I think I'm going to make one for my kiddos that live in Massachussetts to give to their teachers too. We are going up to see them in June and Hunter doesn't get out of school until after we get there so the timing would be perfect. Now if time will just cooperate with me here I just might get them done.



All of the supplies aren't Stampin' Up!, the checked paper and buttons are stuff I had on hand before I started as a Demo. And the letters I cut with the Cricut. I don't know what I did for lettering before Karen got this wonderful little machine. It makes it so easy. I do have to admit though that when you cut small letters it has issues..

Almost forgot to add that I saw this on Splitcoast which has a tutorial but through a bit of blog hopping I was led from there to this wonderful video tutorial by a lady named Tracy. She has a pretty neat blog. Check it out!


Supplies: Real Red cardstock
Accessories: So Saffron ribbon from Sale-a-bration, velcro, buttons (not SU!)

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! I am sure the teacher will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's just the cutest thing. I will have to keep that in mind, when a need something for a teacher. You did a great job, the teacher will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that little back pack is the cutest thing ever. Good job!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous and it works really well with the red. great job and I am sure the teacher will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's beautiful!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The backpack is on my
    To DO's also. Although I realized I better get busy as my son finishes preschool on June 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable!! The teacher will love it!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to try those little backpacks - turned out cute and I think it is great how you put cards into it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!!!! And the color - nice and bright! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!