Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th 12x12 layout

Here is the layout for the June meeting of my scrapbook club. I gave all of the ladies the same supplies and went over what I did for my layout and then told them to do whatever they wanted. I was quite amazed and impressed with the different layouts that they came up with. Wish I had snapped a few pics of what they did too.
So here are the details: I used the Top Note die for the title background and the journaling space. For the title I tore a piece of white paper and sponged the edges with the red. Stamped the letters with red, and made the #4 from the word window punch with a little detail added using the white Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen(just love that thing!). All of the mats for the pics are red on blue or vice versa and have faux stitching again with the white gel pen . The bigger fireworks are made from the keytag punch. Just squared off each of the ends. Also made little stars on them with the gel pen. The wick is white embroidery floss. The small firecrackers are made from the word window punch. Also with the ends squared off and cut in half. Some of them I cut in fourths to make the really small ones. Then I grouped them together to make a bigger embelishment. The word window punch was used again for the 'God Bless America' labeling. I stole this idea from my daughter after the meeting. She used a different saying but the idea was great. Thanks to my upline I had the star punches also. Can you believe she had just ordered them and got them in the day before my meeting and she let me borrow them? She is awesome that way. Thanks Suzanne!

Supplies: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, whisper white, and Night of Navy cardstock;Riding Hood Red, and Night of Navy ink
Accessories: white embroidery floss, small and large star punch, word window punch, key tag punch, white Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, sponge, adhesive, Top Note die
Stamps: Schoolbook Serif Alphabet

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful 4th of July layout! Perfect for the pictures to follow.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It'll be so great to have such great pages to plop the most recent roll of photos right onto.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!