Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sand & Sun

Here is the latest layout for my Scrap Club. We had a lot of fun with this. The ladies got really creative again. They came up with buckets, shovels, little red crabs, it was great. We used a variety of punches. The sand dollar shell is made from the 5-petal punch. I scored from the beginning of the petal to almost the middle on all 5 petals with the bone folder and then on the raised side I traced it with a Close to Cocoa marker, traced that with the VersaMark marker and embossed with Clear embossing powder.

The cute little flip-flops and sun were an idea I CASED from Buffy with her permission of course! I wasn't going to add them to my page until after the club meeting since the punch is retired but my daughter saw them and went and made some for herself so the cat was out of the bag and the other ladies wanted them too. What can you do?

The other shell was also CASED (and changed a little). It came from Valita. She has some great ideas on her blog. On this shell I also scored some lines to give it a little diminsion and then added the Dazzling Diamonds glitter to give a little pop. Actually I CASED just about all of the embellishments from somewhere except for the beach towel and the star fish but I can't remember where I found everything. The beach towel is just a rectangle of cardstock, fringed on the ends with scissors and run through the crimper and then smoothed out a little. Some of the ladies in the club added a little stamping to theirs with tiny flowers. Looked real cute.

The only thing non SU! on the page is the title. I cut that from the Cricut and added it later. I only have one set of letter stamps so far and they were a little big for this layout.

Supplies: Sahara Sand, Real Red, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Very Vanilla, whisper white, and Yoyo Yellow cardstock
Accessories: Punches: key tag, scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, small oval, 5 petal punch, and heart to heart; also the paper crimper, Close to Cocoa ink pad and marker, VersaMark marker, clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Title cut with Cricut

Thanks for visiting!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! These are just fabulous. I love everything about them and the flip-flops are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, These turned out great, bet the Club loved them!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an AWESOME layout, Laura! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layouts. The little beach details are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!