Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Addyson's first stampin project!

This is my granddaughter Addyson's first stamping project with Nana. She is two and at that stage where "I do it myself!". She made this for one of my other granddaughter's birthday. It was the gift tag on the package. We started with a Pretty in Pink scalloped square cut on the Big Shot(left over from another one of my projects). Whisper White cardstock stamped with Pretty in Pink ink with the bug from the Level 1 hostess set Love Bug. Buried under the bugs is a Happy Birthday from a retired set that I borrowed from a friend. She followed that up by gluing some hearts from Pretty in Pink and Green Galore . "I glue! I glue!" She just had to glue something to it because she had seen me gluing hearts to the birthday card that I had just made for Lanie. Addyson just loves to climb up on her little stool and watch me working on things. "I watch you Nana?" They are just too cute at this age. Who can resist those little faces with they ask for something? And of course she doesn't stay on that stool for very long, before I know it she's wormed her way up into my lap. You know how you just automatically do things with the kids when you are concentrating? She waits until I get intent on doing something and just slips right up there. Sneaky little thing.

Here is my card that I made for Lanie. I can't take credit for the layout, my friend Suzanne showed me some cards that she had made and I 'borrowed' her idea. Tweaked it a little but basically the same.

The card base is Pretty in Pink, Whisper White cardstock stamped with Basic Black ink from the same set Addyson used, and colored in with the Pretty in Pink and Green Galore markers. Add a little Dazzling Diamonds to the bugs and used the paper piercer to make a bug flight pattern. I punched a small border for top and bottom with the Scallop Border Punch from Green Galore cardstock and added a couple of hearts that I punched with the Heart to Heart punch. The inside was stamped with Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!