Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

My first BIA project

This is my very first Bind It All project. The BIA is my newest toy. I just love it. This is a 6x6 album that I made for my granddaughter, Mikaela, for Christmas. Aren't the bright colors just perfect for a girl? I'm not sure where the paper is from, I've had if for years. Bought it in one of those paper packs, it is really thick. I've never used it because I didn't have the right solid colors to go with it. I brought out Stampin' Up!' Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie and they match it perfectly! The chipboard M is from a retired pack. The paper that the album is covered with has a lot of sparkle and shine on it so I covered the M with Melon Mambo paper and embossed with Clear embossing powder to give it that shine. I added the Pumpkin Pie cordorouy buttons, tied some of the 1/4 Pumpkin Pie ribbon and Melon Mambo Polka Dot ribbon onto the owire. On the inside of the book I added several pages cut from Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Ballet Blue, and Glorious Green. I added a few sticker borders and I am either going to add some more embelishments or package up some for her to add to it when she puts her pictures in. I'll make scrapbookers out of all my granddaughters. I have 3 right now and another due Christmas Eve. Won't that be a wonderful Chirstmas present?!

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! I may have to copy the ribbon idea as it adds the perfect girlie touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cate, the ribbon looks great! I love the colors you chose - they are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those colors together!!! I have a niece who's turning 10 soon and this would be a perfect little gift for her! Her initial is M too! Thanks so much for sharing, Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!