Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

12x12 Halloween Scrap Kit Swap

Another swap! I'm addicted I tell you! Actually 3 of these swaps were all in one but of course I couldn't just sign up for one group could I? Nope, gotta go all of the way and do the 12x12, 6x6 and this 12x12 layout kit. For some reason I really struggled with this one and I thought it would be the easiest. After all, you only had to do a border, a journaling piece, and 2 embellishments. It took me forever to come up with all of these elements. I have several other pieces that I did and set aside because I didn't think that they fit. You'll probably see those in some posts later 'cause you know they looked fine, just didn't fit with this. Anyway, I'll quit rambling and give you the details.
The border is made with the Frightful Fence jumbo wheel with black ink, rolled onto Pumpkin Pie and mounted on black cardstock. The spider and cat are die cuts that I added. The other three pieces are stamped from Halloween Hoot stamp set. Isn't that witch just the cutest?! Her sign says 'Free Kisses'. She is stamped with black, again on Pumpkin Pie but this time mounted on Rich Razzleberry. LOVE that color! The sign was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink (I think) on Very Vanilla and the handle was colored in with Close to Cocoa. The black kettle was stamped with Black Craft ink and embossed, the bubbles were also stamped with a craft ink and embossed but I can't remember which color (sorry!) onto Rich Razzleberry and mounted on Pumpkin Pie. The tag was pretty simple, Pumpkin Pie layered on Black. I stamped the frog from the set and then drew in the lines with a Black Stampin' Write marker. The string is retired and I can't remember the name of that either. I'm going to have to start writing this down as I go.
Now I just have to put it on a page and I have another Halloween page ready to plop my pictures onto. Hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Isn't that Halloween hoot set just fabulous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!