Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

August Club layout

This is the layout for my August Scrap Club meeting. This is a quick and easy layout. I got my inspiration from a sketch for the Demo Challenge on SCS.
I started this layout knowing that I only wanted to use the new Stampin' Up in colors. I just love the bright in your face kind of color they have. Nothing pastel about these colors! The background is Bermuda Bay, the accents and photo mats are from Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, and Melon Mambo. I have to admit I wasn't going to add the Crushed Curry in but my daughter, Karen, talked me into it. She said it needed yellow. She was right. Without it the layout didn't have the pop that it needed. The flowers are all made from my favorite (as if you haven't figured that out) Scallop circle punch. You punch out the circle, cut in a ways between each of the scallops and add a 1/2" circle punched piece to the middle. Here I added little dots with the white Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen and used a Dimensional to adhere it to give it a little depth. The faux stitching on the border was also added using the gel pen. And of course I had to add in some of that gorgeous Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon. I told myself that I would never be able to use up all of the ribbon if I bought one in every color but so far I have bought 3 of the new in colors. Just can't help myself! You'll be seeing them a lot in my projects this year. Hope you enjoy! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Supplies: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry & Melon Mambo cardstock
Accessories: Scallop Circle and 1/2" circle punch, white Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, 1/2" Rich Razzleberry Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I love the way you used the in-colors and the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages - the crushed curry really does add pop - love all your details

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the new In Colors! They really do have pizzazz for about any project and this one is just right! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!