Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beautiful paper with Shimmer Mist spray

I have been seeing the most beautiful paper all over the place. It looks like the paper is covered in glitter. It got me to thinking that I could make my own glitter paper with the Shimmer Mist spray, only I like it a lot more because the 'glitter' doesn't come off. I have to say that I am totally happy with it. The pictures here don't do it justice because it is very hard to capture the shimmer on film. You'll have to try it and see it for yourself! I got the instructions for the Shimmer mist spray from Adrea Walford's blog but I use 70% alcohol instead of the 99% and I didn't add any reinker to it. I read on Splitcoast that the 70% was better to use so that your sprayer doesn't clog up. So far I have left it sit for a couple of months at a time and it hasn't clogged yet. This first picture is just trying to catch the shimmer with a photo.

This is the start of a layout I did with the paper, it is the SU! Rose Red. It works great with the new Sending Love Specialty paper that is in the Occasions mini catalog. I just love that paper, at least one side on each piece of paper has glitter on it. Not a bunch, just enough. And the package has a bonus for me, the cardboard/chipboard that is in the package with the paper is great to use for my BIA projects. This is from my daughter's wedding almost 2 years ago, see how far behind in my scrapbooking I am! Oh, by the way, don't you love that border? I did that with the Eyelet border punch. I can't wait to get my new border punches that SU! has come out with. They should be here tomorrow. Woohoo! I'm looking forward to it. This paper is the only thing that I preordered so I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow night and dig into all of my new goodies! I'll post this layout again as soon as I finish it off. Hopefully soon. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to know what you think!